Friday, October 30, 2009

The Breeders... Finally.



God, I've been sitting on this poster for months! Something about it just never felt done, but for all of my sitting and staring at it, I just can't figure out what. That is why I'm forcing myself to accept it as is, and posting it as a complete and final piece. Perfectionism can be very dangerous to the creative process, and in the case of this poster, it had shut me down completely.

As for the subject of this poster, I wanted to play off the Latin influence in Kim Deal's music, so I went with a punk rock/spaghetti western theme. I thought it was a cool idea, and it's one I'd like to return to in some form.

Now that this monkey is finally off my back, I can resume posting these posters with some semblance of timeliness. As proof, watch me post this next one.

BAM!

No comments: