Saturday, May 3, 2008

Another Entrepreneurial Idea...


Prairie Fire
1 oz tequila
1 dash Tabasco® sauce
Fill a shot glass with tequila and drop a dash of tabasco sauce in and around the edge.

This assignment, for my junior level illustration class, was to conceive a food product and logo design. After the teacher shot down the edgier of logos as "too unappealing" or "unmarketable for children," I decided that going in a more booze-centric direction would free up a lot of restrictions on subject matter. The idea I eventually came up with was to market really intense shots in little plastic bottles as impulse buys at liquor store point-of-purchase displays. Each kind would have a unique illustration and aesthetic, and would be as collectible as they'd be disgusting and hard to drink. I can imagine these selling really well with the late night, already-drunk crowd. Now I just need to figure out how to break into the liquor industry...

No comments: